In this day and age, all the money is in social media. How long will it last? Nobody really knows the answer to that. But for today it is 100% here so why not capitalize on it? Pick your niche, crank up your passion and go full blast! Create your Instagram, Face Book and You Tube accounts and get started tonight.
Let’s run down the basics of the how and why to become a social media influencer.
1. Pick Your Niche: What are you passionate about? Food? Makeup? Fashion? Travel? Pick one niche and only one. Dedicate all your spare time and energy to this passion project. Give it your full attention and only put out the best content. Figure out the popular hashtags and do collaboration if you can with a person or company that might be able to help you pick up followers.
2. Content: Once you’ve committed to the topic, now it’s time to create the content. Only put out your best work. Take your time and put together the images and videos that truly represent your view on the topic. It’s important that you use all three mediums: Facebook Live videos; Instagram pics and videos; and You Tube.
3. Consistency: This is key. Once you create your social media accounts, you must post consistently. For our business accounts, we post on IG 3-5 times a day and FB Live 3 times a week. In the beginning you will be challenged with coming up with the material to post but once you get started it will just roll out and take a life of its own.
4. You can make a living doing this and give up your day job! I know so many people in the makeup industry that used to have day jobs or beat faces for a living and now they are living their best lives, working for themselves and being beautiful at the same time!
5. Free Stuff! So many of my IG friends get comped so many things: makeup, clothes, plastic surgery and more! It’s a really big deal to be an influencer. Imagine never having to buy clothes or makeup again! How much money would that save you?!
6. Helping other people is great. Yes, your goal in becoming an influencer is to make money and create the life of your dreams but you are also helping others. We all look to social media for ideas and inspiration. You can be the one that people click on to get makeup tips or fashion inspiration.
7. Start NOW! Yes it will be challenging. Yes you have to put forth 100% effort. I have makeup artist friends that are making over a million dollars a year….yes a MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR as social media influencers. They started a few years back. They were broke and beating faces. Now they travel the world on private jets with corporate contracts, looking fabulous! It’s never too late and there is always room for one more person to come up and show the world what they’ve been missing!
There you have it, my tips on how to become a social media influencer. I hope you enjoyed this blog. As always I write from the heart and from my own personal life experiences. If you liked it, please click the heart and share it with your friends! Be sure to subscribe to my blog so that you never miss an episode of “Trish-Talk.”
Life is a series of ups and downs. We all win and we all lose. No person or corporation can stay on a winning streak 100% of the time. It’s simply impossible. Get a good business coach to take you through the tough times and help you structure a new business or restructure an existing business. Sometimes we simply cannot see outside of our own box. It takes an outside eye to come in and open the blinds for us.
If you haven’t already purchased my Amazon Best Selling book yet: Super Star Hiring Systems, it’s a MUST HAVE for anybody in business and/or management. It details the process of creating the right team for your company and the systems for hiring and retaining an amazing team!